Dogsbody Technology have once again taken part in #FoodbankAdvent 2018 – The Reverse Advent Calendar, and this year we went bigger and better!
On the 5th December 2018 Dogsbody Technology donated over 150 items (over double of last year!) weighing over 76 kg of food and non food to our local Farnborough Trussell Trust Foodbank #FoodbankAdvent.
Unfortunately demand over the last year has risen.
“December was the busiest month for foodbanks last year. During December 2017, The Trussell Trust’s network provided 159,388 three-day emergency food supplies to people in crisis; 65,622 of these went to children. This is a 49% increase on the monthly average for the 2017-18 financial year.
The figures reveal the year on year need for foodbanks in December is increasing steeply – the number of food supplies given to people mark a 10% rise from December 2016 when 144,677 were given out.”
Inspired to take part too? Its not to late to start!
- Read Trussell’s Trust’s What goes in a food bank parcel and non food items to see the items they like to be donated.
- Find your local Trussell Trust food bank or donate to others in your area. There are even collection points in supermarkets across the country so you can add an extra something to your weekly shop and pop it in the collection point as you leave.
- Look at your local food bank’s website for the list of items they urgently need.
- Donate long life items (tinned or dried) so as not to waste fresh food (which goes off quickly).
- If you want to collect an item a day as per the advent calendar, then your donations will be just as welcome in January as winter sets in!.
Dogsbody Technology want to wish everyone a Merry Christmas and a Happy 2019.