Sit back – we’re in control
Every client has different requirements. We understand that.
No two servers are the same. We get that too.
Our Server Management service reflects the realities of real life. Each package is customised for you, with SLA’s to suit.
Whether it’s 8/5 or 24/7 response…. whether you’ve built the server or we have… whether it’s cloud or co-located, we’ve the right service for you.
Servers create a lot of noise, which end up in log files or are discarded. We direct these messages to us, and through a combination of human and automated analysis, work out the alerts which are important and need to be actioned.
We call this, “WE ARE ROOT”.
All inclusive service
There’s a lot to what we do. To make it easy, the complete list is below…
- Triage server issues for an initial 20 minutes – per issue
- If the issue cannot be fixed within 20 minutes this moves to inlife support
- Operating System patching (with your permission / out of hours as required)
- Everything under WE ARE ROOT above
- Monitor trending issues
- Advise on end of life issues – giving you plenty of warning
- Advise if we see repeated issues
- Advise if we believe resources won’t last
- Advise of downtime
- Liaison with ISP where appropriate
- Advise of hardware issues with ISP
- IPv4 and IPv6 monitoring as standard
- Monitor the stack/server – including Apache
- Retain monitoring data for a pre-defined time
- Reputation alerts on IP addresses, SSL certificates and domains
- Notification of expiring domains and SSL certificates
- Single point of contact with cover for holidays/illness
- Share any credentials securely
- 2 hour SLA (either 24/7 or 8/5 – UK hours – depending on contract)
- Server reboots at a predefined time frame
- React to outages (within contract)
- Monitor logs for unusual activity
- Quarterly review of resources and software versions
- Will reboot servers after patching in hours, and OOH as defined by the customer – on a best endeavours basis for OOH
- Will patch in hours (not necessarily reboot) unless the patch isn’t suitable for this
- 5 custom monitoring checks as well as standard checks on server ports
“Growing a business has been compared to swapping all the parts of a car while driving it. Dogsbody Technology have helped us get the best from our infrastructure as the goal posts have moved, adapting to new technologies and the issues that they can bring.”
– Jono Warren, Senior Engineer, JustPark.
Get in touch and let us help
Call us for a no obligation chat – let’s help you right away.
If it’s less urgent, give us some detail in the form below and we’ll be right back to you.