Ultimate peace of mind
If you’re a business owner, you know the importance of sleeping well. Unreliable servers, let down customers, website downtime and security concerns all contribute to bad sleep.
Reliability, uptime and happy customers all stem from the fundamentals …
Understanding the business and scope
Understanding criticality … is 99% or 99.999% availability the goal?
Understanding budget … value for money is always our goal.
And designing accordingly.
When it comes to server design, two things become apparent …
You can spend an unlimited amount of money and you can never guarantee 100% availability.
Design is about balance. It’s about understanding what’s important to you. It’s about knowing the hosting marketplace. It’s about getting the importance of security. It’s about speed. It’s about data loss prevention. It’s about the future. It’s about budget.
We know how to tread the fine line between all of your requirements and design the right way.
Why? Because we’ve done it hundreds of times before.
“We came to Dogsbody with a rough brief and questions on how to best utilise the resources needed by our service. Not only did they come up with some new ideas but they reduced the budget too.”
– Benjamin Ellis, Founder – SocialOptic
Our Linux server design checklist
We pride ourselves on being vendor agnostic. We are not tied to a supplier. We’re not on commission from any hosting provider.
Whether we’re designing for cloud or colocated servers, we’ll make the right recommendations, depending on your requirements.
Dogsbody Technology will:
- Provide bespoke design advice based on information you supply to us, following our questions
- Challenge the status quo, where appropriate.
- Always provide designs within an agreed time frame
- Ensure everything we design is secure by design
- Always ask for confirmations, even if you’re an existing customer. We’ll always check our existing records first.
- Always follow industry standard practices
- Produce a specification document for your infrastructure
- Work under Professional Indemnity
- Provide a fully transparent, all inclusive cost for the building of your new solution. We will also provide a separate cost for ongoing management, should you need it
In return, as a guide, we ask our customers for the following:
- Detailed requirements inc High Availability, Disaster recovery etc
- Existing dependencies (s/w, code etc)
- What the server is for? Why are you doing this?
- Current pain points
- Advise on expected traffic (or provide access to an existing server for us to investigate)
- Future plans and expected growth
- Compliance requirements
- SLAs required to satisfy themselves and their customers
- Contractual requirements
- Provide any existing documentation if possible/required
- Provide technical contact details and advise on out of hours restrictions
- Advise if monitoring/maintenance is done by a 3rd party and who responds to that
- Agree to our Terms & Conditions
Get in touch and let us help
Call us for a no obligation chat – let’s help you right away.
If it’s less urgent, give us some detail in the form below and we’ll be right back to you.