Standing by, ready to take the pain away.
Trusted with technology since 2003.
We guess you’re here because you’ve got a server or infrastucture problem. A really big problem perhaps … or maybe you’re not sure of the scale of the issue?
Don’t know where to turn? Need someone to trust?
That’s OK. We’ve spent years calmly identifying, resolving and protecting against future issues for dozens of companies, just like the one you’re possibly having.
Quite often, those initial phone calls have turned into long term relationships.
Why? Because we believe that we’re really good at what we do. But don’t take our word for it … Take a look at our Happy Customers page or keep reading …
“We’ve been dealing with Dogsbody Technology for over 10 years.
We have a number of customers with in-house Linux systems but no in-house expertise – we rely on Dogsbody to sort out some pretty hairy configuration problems.
These guys really know their business.”
– Bob Darby, Owner – DocuStor.
Linux & cloud infrastructure
is what we do
We understand all things Linux, cloud and infrastructure, or we know someone who can help. We’ve seen it all, from Linux hacks, poorly configured servers, gaping security holes, right through to creaking servers, about to go out of life.
Sometimes we apply a band aid … before deeper surgery can be planned.
Sometimes we can implement a quick fix and the problem goes forever.
Keeping your data secure and your platform online will always be our priority.
Whatever is required, you’ll get the right advice and we’ll work collaboratively, transparently and securely to get things as they should be.
“I employed DB to deliver a new Amazon EC2 Linux server for the migration of a Symfony / PHP based e-commerce platform.
They delivered the platform quickly, and provided prompt out of hours tech support when Amazon pushed a PHP patch which disabled the site on the busiest trading day of the year.
I recommend Dogsbody without hesitation.”
– Paul Marden, Director – carbon six digital
Example emergencies – solved.
Here’s some of the fixes and advice we’ve given to that initial phone call since 2003:
Existing system administrators can become untrusted or leave you in the lurch.
We have worked with companies in this position to identify the immediate risks and prioritise the handover to keep systems running smoothly.
The browser landscape is constantly shifting and all are pushing for a more secure internet. This means that HTTPS / SSL is more important now than ever. We have helped many companies understand what is required for a great HTTPS site, fixing errors in their configurations that cause visitors to have a sub-optimal experience.
There is a joke in our industry “It’s never DNS; oh, it seems it was DNS” (perhaps you have to be there).
The Domain Naming System is the backbone of keeping you online. You can have the best hosting in the world and the most secure email but without DNS you don’t even exist on the Internet. We are well versed in all the technologies that keep you online and have helped many customers get back online or protect themselves from outages from a single provider.
Email deliverability has become a minefield of cat and mouse tactics. We have helped customers on both sides of the fence identify why emails aren’t being sent or received, as well as setting up ongoing reputation alerts and tracking to ensure problems won’t occur again in the future.
Compliance has become a huge headache for companies. From GDPR to PCI:DSS or ISO27001, customers work with us to help them confirm their compliance and and/or implement the changes needed to meet their compliance goals.
This is how we can help …
Speed is key.
We like to talk via phone initially to establish what you’re seeing and what you feel has happened.
After an initial free 15 min consultation, we will explain our hourly billing rate and agree a limit with you, on hours to be spent on diagnosis. From that point, our service will be chargeable.
We will not do work, without your financial authority.
We will then establish a secure method for sharing access credentials for the affected server and move into our diagnostic process.
Below is a copy of our internal checklist. We believe in being transparent.
- We will immediately make copies of important data such as log files to prevent tampering by attackers
- We’ll review this important (log) data locally – investigation may take up to 24 hours
- Secure your system from further attacks/attackers as we discover issues – this may affect functionality – but we will keep you in the loop
- Monitor your system for further issues during investigation
- Perform basic checks – SSL, IP reputation (has it been affected)
- Ask questions
- Answer as many questions as we can for existing customers (with knowledge of their current infrastructure)
- Follow industry standard practices
- Provide a root cause analysis report
- Provide all of market advice
- Be honest
- Provide detailed plan of action/next steps and associated cost
- Provide advice on how to prevent it happening again
- Itemised billing
- Provide a cost for ongoing maintenance (if maintenance is not already being done by us or others)
In return, we ask our clients to:
- Advise what they know already
- Advise how and why they think they have been hacked
- Provide any information on server (observed changes in resource utilisation, strange behaviour etc)
- Answer any question as honestly as they can
- Answer any questions in a timely manner
- Contractual requirements – do we need a specific report for shareholders/investor
- Provide any existing documentation if possible
- Provide access to affected servers and any other place we ask for
- Provide details for technical contacts and/or developers
- Agree that the affected server may need to lose functionality to secure it from further attack
- Advise if monitoring/maintenance is done by a 3rd party and who responds to issues or notifications. Provide relevant information for this
- Agree to our Terms & Conditions
Get in touch and let us help
Give us a call – we’ll spend 15 mins listening and giving you as much help as we can. After that, we’ll explain our hourly billing rate and get your authority to invoice for any additional time spent.
If we can solve the problem within 15 mins – there’s no charge… it’s as simple as that.
If it’s less urgent, give us some detail in the form below and we’ll be right back to you.