Last month I was interviewed as part of Linode’s Managed Service Provider Spotlight Series. The result was 50 mins of talking about what it’s like to be a business owner and my goals for the industry we work in.
So go get yourself a cup of tea and have a listen… you don’t really even need to watch… perhaps we should start a podcast? 😉
We covered a large number of topics including:
- 02:15 – Why the name ‘Dogsbody’?
- 04:04 – Which services do you offer?
- 08:04 – How do you charge for services?
- 13:00 – What does your ideal customer look like?
- 16:10 – Why do you choose to work with open-source technologies?
- 20:00 – Is support something you sacrifice when using open-source?
- 24:32 – Why do you choose to work with multiple cloud providers?
- 34:13 – Which cloud tech should MSPs look out for?
- 38:10 – Recruitment and staff development
- 40:19 – The role of apprenticeships
- 42:40 – Advice for MSPs
Has something here sparked your interest? Do get in touch and we’d be glad to help.