Position: Junior Linux Systems Engineer
Location: Farnborough, Hampshire, GU14
Job type: Permanent, Full-time
As part of our continued growth we are looking for an Junior Linux Systems Administrator (SysAdmin) to join our existing small flexible team.
We aren’t expecting you to know everything but unlike our apprenticeship applicants we need someone that is willing to hit the ground running, already has some experience of supporting customers and working with Linux.
Time will be spent doing project and support work.
- Project work includes new server builds, server reconfigurations and migrations of sites / applications.
- Support work includes dealing with outages, attacks on infrastructure and day to day enquiries from customers.
Attitude, flexibility, and the ability to learn new technologies quickly, are more important than years of experience, however you’ll need experience of at least some of the following:
- Linux (e.g. Ubuntu, CentOS, etc.)
- Webservers (e.g. Nginx, Apache, Lighttpd, etc.)
- Shell Scripting (sh, BASH, etc.)
- Working in a support environment
- Working in a team environment
- Excellent communication skills (written & oral)
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK
Experience with the following would also be beneficial, but not required:
- PHP configuration (e.g. PHP-FPM, ModPHP, etc.)
- Version Control (e.g. Git, Subversion, etc.)
- SQL server (e.g. MySQL, Percona, MariaDB, PostgreSQL, etc.)
- TCP/IP Networking (IPv4 & IPv6)
- Public cloud services (e.g. AWS, GoogleCloud, Rackspace, etc.)
- Automation tools (e.g. Ansible, Vagrant, Puppet, Chef, etc.)
- Container technologies (e.g. Docker, LXC, Kubernetes, etc.)
- Virtualisation (e.g. VMware, Xen, KVM, Openstack, etc.)
- NoSQL (e.g. MongoDB, DynamoDB, Cassandra, etc.)
- Programming (e.g. Python, PHP, Java, Perl, Ruby, etc.)
- Linux firewalling (e.g. iptables, UFW, Shorewall, etc.)
- High Availability and Load Balancing Technologies
- Out of Band Management (e.g. ILO, DRAC, etc.)
- DBA Skills (e.g. Replication, Optimisation, etc.)
- Email (e.g. Sendmail, Postfix, MX records, etc.)
- Competitive salary
- 28 days annual leave
- 10% pension matching
- A laptop and two additional monitors
- Flexibility around working from home
- Training budget to keep your skills up to date
- Conference budget to keep your ear to the ground
Sorry we are not taking application for this position at this time
No agencies or recruiters please